Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. It is relatively easy and shorter while still incorporating diverse terrain, culture and wildlife along with the most spectacular and close up view of Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli and Dhaulagiri.
The region is home to different animals like clouded leopards, Himalayan Tahr, Himalayan Giant Honeybee, Pheasants etc. In spring, it showcases many beautiful flowers including the national flower of Nepal – Rhododendron, Orchids, Machhapuchhre massif and the deepest gorge Kali Gandaki keeps you company during the trek. You will spot at times high cascading waterfalls. And, you will get to learn about people of different ethnicity, especially that of Gurung People when visiting Gurung Museum in Ghandruk.
Our staff with Thai guest
Trekking Gears or Trekking Equipment Required
What to pack for the trek is one of the important questions. Not having proper gears can prove troublesome, cause health issues or just simply ruin your mood. So, here is a general idea of what you should bring to Annapurna Base Camp trekking.
- A light weight trekking boots. It is not impossible to do this trek in sneakers or trainers. Many people have. Just that you will be walking in snow for some part of the trek and boots offer more safety. If you are a women trekker, check out these best hiking boots for women of 2017.
If you will be trekking this one time only, no need to spend on hiking boots. Just make sure that your shoes are well fitting, light and comfortable.
- A pair of crocs
- Four pair of liner socks. Two pair for warm climate and two pair for cold climate. Trekking/liner socks are better but it is okay if you only have the normal ones.
- Few pairs of underwear. There are trekking underwear that you could buy in home. They are good for other outdoor activities as well. Normal ones can be bought in Nepal.
- A high-quality best down jackets and a down pant. You can buy or rent a good down jacket and a down pant in Nepal for cheap for a $1 or less per day.
- T-shirts and trousers keeping in mind both cold and warm temperature you will be traversing.
- A set of thermals. Or, you could layer up.
- A light sleeping bag. This can be bought or rented in Nepal too.
- A trekking pole. Though relatively easy, there are many ups and downs in this trek and a trekking pole can assist you. Else, you could find a sturdy stick en route and use it to support yourself.
- Two pairs of Gloves. One for warm weather and one for cold.
- A woolen hat
- A torchlight or a head torchlight
- A First aid kit including Diamox and Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS)
- Toiletries– Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, water purifiers, sunscreen, moisturizer, toothpaste and toothbrush.
- A waterproof map of Annapurna Base Camp
- Snacks you like and entertainment such as books, cards, an iPad etc.
If you are unsure of what equipment to buy in Nepal and what to bring from home, this article will help you decide whether to buy trekking equipments at home or in Nepal.
We heartly warm welcome you at the country of himalaya with garland of beautiful flowers. Then our vechile drop you up to the hotel. Tonight stay on any hotel of Thamel.
Having breakfast at morning then ready to drive towards Pokhara (830 m) on Prithvi highway along through the side of Trishuli river via Tourist bus, having lunch at the way, it just take 5 to 6 hrs to reached Pokhara that depends on the road condition. Tonight stay at any hotel of Lake side.
Having breakfast at morning then ready to drive towards Nayapool (1070 m) on Prithvi highway along through the green view, beautiful mountain view, local residence and many more via bus, taxi or any others vechiles that depends on the size of group. It just take 1 hrs 30 min to reached Nayapool that depends on the road condition. Then from Nayapool 3 hrs to 4 hrs off- road drive upto Ghandruk (1940 m) Having lunch on the way. Tonight stay on any hotel at Ghandruk (1940 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to move towards Chomrong (2170 m) which takes just 2 hrs to 3 hrs. On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful green forest, typical stone house, Annapurna South (7219 m), Fishtail (6997 m) and so on. Having lunch at Chomorong. Tonight stay on any hotel at Chomrong (2170 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to move toward Dovan (2600 m) which takes just 4 hrs to 5 hrs. On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful green forest, Fishtail (6997 m) and so on. Having lunch on the way. Tonight stay on any hotel at Dovan (2600 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to move toward Annapurna Base camp (4130 m) which takes just 5 hrs to 6 hrs slowely because we are accending towards the high altitude can't move faster. On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful waterfalls, green forest, Fishtail (6997 m) and so on. Having lunch on the way. Tonight stay on any hotel at Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m).
Wake up early in the morning then going little bit up to see the stuning view of the South Annapurna (7219 m) and Fishtail (6997 m) just from below the mountain and taking their photograph, just enjoy a lot with those mountain with a cup of tea or coffee then having breakfast at morning and ready to move toward
Sinuwa (2360 m) which takes just 4 hrs to 5 hrs. On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful green forest, Fishtail (6997 m) and so on. Having lunch on the way. Tonight stay on any hotel at Sinuwa (2360 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to move toward Jhinu Dada (1780 m) which takes just 2 hrs to 3 hrs. On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful green forest, Annapurna South (7219 m), Fishtail (6997 m) and so on. Having lunch on Jhinu Dada then going to Jhinu hot spring (1565 m) to enjoy with natural hot water. Tonight stay on any hotel at Jhinu Dada (1780 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to move towards Aaroma Homes, Lumle (1610 m) which takes just 45 min down upto the place named Matkiu by crossing the long new Jhinu Bridge then 3 hrs to 4 hrs off- road drive upto Nayapool (1070 m). and then 30 min drive from Nayapool to Aaroma Homes, Lumle (1610 m). On the way you can enjoy with the view of beautiful green forest, typical stone house, local residence and so on. Having lunch on the way. Tonight stay at Aaroma Homes (1610 m).
Having breakfast at morning then ready to drive towards Pokhara (830 m). 30 min drive on vechile from Lumle (1610 m) to Naudada (1440 m). From there some kilometres short hike to Pokhara along through the place named Kaskikot (1788 m), Sarangkot (1600 m) with beautiful view of Annapurna (7219 m) range, Fishtail (6997 m), Fewa lake, Paragliding, Local villages and more which takes 2 hrs to 3 hrs, or direct drive to Pokhara from Lumle. Tonight stay on any hotel at Lakeside.
Having breakfast at morning then move towards Peace pagoda (1100 m) located at high hill. Return back and see Gopteshwor cave, then having lunch after that we can do boating at Fewa lake or visit any other place, at evening you can roaming around the local market of Lakeside by yourself then having a dinner at nepali cultural resturant and return back to hotel
Having breakfast at morning then ready to drive towards Kathmandu (1400 m) along through the side of Trishuli river via Tourist bus, having lunch on the way or you can return back through flight, that is up to you. Tonight stay at any hotel of Thamel.
Having breakfast at morning than vist monkey temple Syambhunath, then we can go either Royal palace museum or Basantapur durbar museum or any other place of Kathmandu, at evening roaming at the street of Thamel on your own way. Tonight farewell party at Nepali cultural restaurant.
Hope so, we can meet again,
Wish you !!! a bright future
The Trek Cost Includes
- Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport (in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip (Breakfast, Lunch, Pick-up or Drop-off service from and to Airport (in our own vehicle)
- Transportation to and from!!
- Food all along the trip (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment.
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip.
The Trek Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses in Kathmandu
- Your travel and medical insurance.
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc.
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency.
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on chartered helicopter.
Frequently asked Questions
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you think I am enough strong to carry all of my things and bag packs whole over the treks by myself then potter is not necessary if not we recommend that to hire a potters which are provided by us with a certain extra charge charge.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.